Re: [Gnu-arch-users] =partner-versions

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] =partner-versions
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 15:48:18 -0400

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 03:37:21PM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> >My `tla-partner' script uses the file {arch}/+partner to describe a
> >`partner version', so you can say e.g. `tla-partner star-merge -t'.  This
> >is very useful.  But how would you use multiple versions?  [I understand
> >that there may well be multiple partner versions that are interesting, I'm
> >just not sure how tools should deal with the presence of more than one.]
>
> Oh, pretty much the same as you use a single partner.  My merge script
> will keep trying to merge from each partner-version until it succeeds.

What does `succeed' mean?

What if multiple partners have mergeable stuff?  Will it merge all?  Just
the first?

[BTW, what's `merge' in this context?  star-merge?   Will it return a
non-zero exit status if nothing got merged?]

> My missing-merge script will list all missing revisions from all partners.

What's the output format (the default `missing' format is ambiguous in this
case)?

Thanks,

-Miles
--