Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Disconnected tagging

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Disconnected tagging
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 19:48:58 -0400

Adrian Irving-Beer wrote:
> Are there any gotchas to allowing 'tag' to work disconnectedly if all
> appropriate data is library-cached?  Alternatively, does anyone have a
> script to automate all the stuff I did by hand?

I think instead I would have gotten a tree and run add-log-version,
set-tree-version, and import, to start a new version. Even though you
get an import revision instead of a continuation, I think you should
still be able to replay/star-merge from it later on.

It would be nice if tag could work without connecting to the archive
though.

--
Jason McCarty <address@hidden>