[Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch on windows?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch on windows?
Date: 12 Jul 2004 15:12:58 -0400

> Off of the top of my head, I do not remember the PATH_MAX limit on Mac
> OS X.  Aaron has posted that there was a path length limit that would
> be an issue for arch. I don't currently have my Mac in hand, so I
> cannot verify this. But see,

I've been using `tla' on a Mac OS X to access an archive of the Emacs
sources and haven't had any problem.

I.e. the only problems I can imagine are:
- file name length problems: could show up on any Unix system.
- case-sensitivity: this has been hashed and rehashed here already.
- use of spaces and other funny chars: not an issue for the Emacs sources,
  and not specific to any OS either.

        Stefan