Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Help with firewalled box

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Help with firewalled box
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:33:22 -0400

Ron Parker wrote:
> I have a box on which I can archive-mirror to get a copy of my main
> archive from its main mirror. I do this regularly and delete the
>=meta-info/mirror file locally so I can commit locally.  The issue is
> that there is no way for this box to write back out to my main mirror,
> whose only write mechanism is ssh. This box only has access to the Net
> via an http proxy.
>
> Is there a way to easily gather up just the locally committed
> changesets, move them to my main development machine, integrate those
> changesets into my main archive and then archive-mirror them back to
> the main mirror from there?

Well, considering that your question really is "How do I get data out if
I can't get data out"....

There's one. Use webdav. That should work through the proxy. Of course,
you'll have to get your webserver (wherever it is) doing r/w webdav...

Here's some other quick ideas. I bet there's a zillion more:

1. Burn the local archive to a cdrom, and bring that back with you.

2. Get to be friends with the tla get-changeset command:
   #!/bin/sh
   tla get-changeset $1 $1.change
   tar cvfz $1.change.tgz $1.change
   rm -rf $1.change

   [copy changeset to floppy or cdrom]

3. keep the archive on portable rw media, like a usb hard drive.