Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Status of global and tree aliases

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Status of global and tree aliases
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:08:49 +0900

    Tom> It's a classic case of having a problem X and a meta-problem
    Tom> Y such that the absense of a solution for Y is most of the
    Tom> cause of X.  If that situation is expected to keep recurring,
    Tom> and you have only resources to work on X -or- Y, then Y is
    Tom> the problem to work on.

Would you unpack this?  Colin says there are these concrete bugs, you
imply that furth will make them substantially more straightforward to
solve, I don't see a connection to any of them.  One general reason is
that they are quite internal to tla.  Are you redefining the boundary
between tla and itla?  Ie, up to this point it has seemed to me that
you're fairly satisfied with the operational definition of "inside
tla" as what's inside the current implementation.  Or am I missing
something else important?