Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fai update: now with shell mode

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fai update: now with shell mode
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:54:13 -0400

Jan Hudec wrote:
Could there be a "complete" subcommand, that would allow non-interactive
call to the completion engine?

Yes, I think it should have that. Right now, the code's a bit messy, and there's no "engine", just mostly-separe

It would allow easy implementation of
completion in shell, possibly emacs etc.

Fai's not really suitable for scripting at the moment, so while shell would make sense, I'm not sure about emacs.

> [description of command]
Looks reasonable.  I don't know that I'll have any prefixes, though.

I suppose you might also want to be able to do "complete --source-files" or "complete --command".

I haven't sorted out how to handle completion for external (aba) commands, and I hope to have native replacements for all tla commands, eventually.

Obviously, you can't complete arguments to a command, when you don't
know what arguments they have. Perhaps if they had some special
subcommand, say 'grammar', that gave you spec for the completion...

Yeah, one way would be:
package-versions [--library] [--full] [--revisions] ARCHIVE

I'd also like to specify the output format at the same time, but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

Just gave it a try and got:
/home/bulb/src/fai/aba/commands/apply-changeset: 16: Syntax error: Bad
substitution

The line in question is:
if [ "${1:0:1}" = "-" ] ; then

It has to be written as: