[Gnu-arch-users] Intended behaviour when updating?

From: Dirk Kuypers
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Intended behaviour when updating?
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:42:54 +0200

Hi,

we are using tla now for quite a while here and we are very happy with
it. This morning I had my first real problem, because I lost the source
code I wrote yesterday by updating my source tree. Take a special look
at the output of tree-lint before and after the update. The two files
decoderconvolutional-test.[c,h]pp are missing after the update.

I added the directory cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/ and the files
decoderfix-test.[c,h]pp two days before, but forgot to do so for the
other two files. Now I guess tla set aside all the files it knew of,
removed the test-directory and after the update reapplied my changes it
knew of. And because I didn't add those two files, they are now gone,
because the directory they have been in was new. Is this a bug? Or is it
intended behaviour and it is my fault to not add the files before
updating?

Best regards
        Dirk

PS: Here is the update output:

address@hidden:~/archives/sgoose-nibbler> tla update
* setting aside local changes temporarily
* linting the source tree
These files would be source but lack inventory ids (`tla add' or a
tagline perhaps?):

cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/decoderconvolutional-test.cpp
cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/decoderconvolutional-test.hpp
release/nibbler-dev/tetra.ini

* reverting changes
D   cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/.arch-ids/=id
D   cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/.arch-ids/decoderfix-test.cpp.id
D   cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/.arch-ids/decoderfix-test.hpp.id
D   cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/decoderfix-test.cpp
D   cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/decoderfix-test.hpp
D/  cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/.arch-ids
D/  cpp/transceiver/decoder/test
M   config/libfiles.py
M   cpp/transceiver/decoder/decoder.cpp
M   cpp/transceiver/decoder/decoder.hpp
M   cpp/transceiver/decoder/decoderconvolutional.cpp
M   cpp/transceiver/decoder/decoderconvolutional.hpp
M   cpp/transceiver/decoder/decoderfix.cpp
M   cpp/transceiver/decoder/decoderfix.hpp
* updating for new patches in archive
* patching for revision
address@hidden/sgoose--nibbler-dev--1.0--patch-188
A   .arch-ids/CNBuildSupport.py.id
A   CNBuildSupport.py
{arch}/sgoose/sgoose--nibbler-dev/sgoose--nibbler-dev--1.0/address@hidden/patch-log/patch-188
M   SConstruct
M   config/common.py
M   config/private.py.template
M   {arch}/=tagging-method
* patching for revision
address@hidden/sgoose--nibbler-dev--1.0--patch-189
{arch}/sgoose/sgoose--nibbler-dev/sgoose--nibbler-dev--1.0/address@hidden/patch-log/patch-189
M   CNBuildSupport.py
* reapplying local changes
* linting the source tree
These files would be source but lack inventory ids (`tla add' or a
tagline perhaps?):

release/nibbler-dev/tetra.ini

A/  cpp/transceiver/decoder/test
A/  cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/.arch-ids
A   cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/.arch-ids/=id
A   cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/.arch-ids/decoderfix-test.cpp.id
A   cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/.arch-ids/decoderfix-test.hpp.id
A   cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/decoderfix-test.cpp
A   cpp/transceiver/decoder/test/decoderfix-test.hpp

--
Never trust a short-haired guru