Re: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: Top-of-file arch tag crosses 1k boundary

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: Top-of-file arch tag crosses 1k boundary
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:20:03 +0100

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 07:00:01PM -0500, Robert Anderson wrote:
> Shouldn't the algorithm look for the tag at the "bottom" location
> _first_?  And only if no tag is found, to search the top?

If we're talking about "should", then it should ignore any tag across
a boundary, not truncate it. That way it'll fall through in this
scenario, and won't truncate unexpectedly in the others.

We're stuck with a nest of compatibility issues now, so that's
probably not very relevant.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |