Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Features command for arch

From: tomas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Features command for arch
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:33:51 +0200

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 04:42:39PM -0400, James Blackwell wrote:

[...]
> Tom Lord wrote:
> > Asking for `features' in `tla' suggests that we suddenly expect *lots*
> > of users to all be running slightly different versions of arch [...]

> What? You don't think that's happening? How many are running 1.1.5?
> 1.2.0? 1.2.1? What about when 1.2.2 comes out?

A friend of KISS myself, I do agree with James here.

As systems become more and more complex, I think it's a responsibility
of developers to ease cross-dependency pressure -- and this feature
thing does help a lot in that. Not only for front-ends, but for all
kinds of user script[let]s.

Hey, even Emacs has `featurep'.

Regards
-- tomás