Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Using webdav for writes

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Using webdav for writes
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:39:05 +0200

address@hidden (James Blackwell) writes:

> 1. Are you using ssl and the standard arch client?

This is disabled by default for license reasons. Some people reported
they managed to have it work, but I didn't :-(

> 2. were you able to use make-archive?

I were. Actually, I use several archives that are on a machine on
which the only access I have is WebDAV, and it works.

> How do you fix the umask?

Normally, you shouldn't have to : The process reading and writting
your files is Apache itself. And the Apache server has off course
access to the files it writes. With Apache+mod_dav, you don't get the
kind of problems you have with (s)ftp. One server, one user, no need
for a umask ...

--
Matthieu