Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: s/GMT/UTC/

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: s/GMT/UTC/
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:14:22 -0400

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 10:18:48AM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:

> [Did somebody really suggest this header is "nearly worthless and
> should be removed altogether"?  Have they actually ever used
> arch?!?]

Or *any* revision control system?

Dates are just rough ideas of when changes were implemented. Two years
later, I can look back and say 'that project lasted from September
2003 to April 2004'; leap seconds aren't exactly my top priority at
that point.

The only time it would really matter would be with CVS -- and only
because CVS didn't have atomic commits or automatic full-tree
versions.  As an informational tool, I think the date is pretty
ubiquitous across RCSes.  They are, after all, supposed to track
changes over time. :)