Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] --no-pristine doesn't work as advertised

From: Bug Goo
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] --no-pristine doesn't work as advertised
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:55:02 +0000

Created as bug 188

On Tue Aug  3 11:54:39 2004, Aaron Bentley wrote:
The --no-pristine flag only works when doing "get --link". Otherwise, a pristine will always be produced if the revision didn't come from a library.

to demonstrate:
$tla library-remove address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3--patch-27
$tla get --no-pristine address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3--patch-27

This bug has existed since tla--devo--1.1--patch-287 at least. The code goes:

         case opt_no_pristine:
           {
             no_pristine = 1;
             break;
           }
     if (hardlinks)
       {
       }
     else
       {
         safe_mkdir (tmp_dir, 0777);
no_pristine = arch_build_revision ((silent ? -1 : 1), tmp_dir, arch, archive, revision, cache_dir);
       }

I have a fix in my local tree, which I can submit. But since this option has been broken since at least December, it may be cruft that's no longer needed.

Aaron