Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Call for opinion. Breaking out cmd-* from libarch

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Call for opinion. Breaking out cmd-* from libarch
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:59:13 -0400

Matthew Dempsky wrote:
address@hidden (James Blackwell) writes:
what. As such, I'd like to make a tla-commands directory, and move the commands into there.

I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.  (I don't like browsing libarch/
with its 300+ files, but maybe I'm the exception?)

Not the exception, by a long shot.

As an extension of Tom's first librify email, I'd say split libarch
into three directories: utility functions into libarch-util,
cmd-*.[ch] (and related) into libarch-cmds, and leave most of the
remaining code in libarch.

The cmd- files don't seem central to libarch. They're tla wrappers around Arch primitives. cmd-commit.c is tla, and deals with input validation and interpretation for commandline-based programs. commit.c is the one that relates directly to Arch. So I think that commands should be grouped with tla, possibly in the tla directory.

If we're renaming files anyway (by moving them), we could strip the cmd- prefix off the files at the same time.

Aaron