Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Call for opinion. Breaking out cmd-* from libarch

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Call for opinion. Breaking out cmd-* from libarch
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:14:46 -0500

Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> writes:

> The cmd- files don't seem central to libarch.  They're tla wrappers
> around Arch primitives.  cmd-commit.c is tla, and deals with input
> validation and interpretation for commandline-based programs.
> commit.c is the one that relates directly to Arch.  So I think that
> commands should be grouped with tla, possibly in the tla directory.
>
> If we're renaming files anyway (by moving them), we could strip the
> cmd-
> prefix off the files at the same time.

Fair enough, I would just care about getting the files relocated.
Having the file names still be unique in different directories could
be nice for selecting the right buffer, but I don't care how we handle
that.  In pika we have foo.[ch] in libscm/ and foo-imp.[ch] in reps/
(non-portable implementation details are factored into reps/ while
portable code remains elsewhere).