Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Call for opinion. Breaking out cmd-* from libarch

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Call for opinion. Breaking out cmd-* from libarch
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:07:30 +1000

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 15:57, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 04:18:50PM -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
> > btw, does p-f handle subdirs of subdirs?
>
> Yes, but it is advised to avoid mixing source and subdirs in a
> directory.

Something to note for the record: Java projects of any
significant size will use "packages", aka subdirectories
containing files (classes) as well as further subpackages.

This is a standard mechanism in Java, used extensively by
the built in library as well as in every project I've worked
on so far.

It is in my experience a very nice (it's hierarchical)
organizing principle/ mechanism.

cheers
zenaan