Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] get-changeset with no default archi

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] get-changeset with no default archive
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:24:41 +0200

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 10:30 -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
> In other words: I don't personally have an opinion at the moment about
> whether the "'changes' input validation speedup" should go in or not.
> I do have a meta-opinion that it might very well be reasonable to
> include that --- we don't have to go into a strict "bug-fix-only" mode
> when the clock is reset.

IMHO that is a thin rope to walk on. Regular releases should be a
priority. Introducing changes, however harmless-looking, always risks
introducing new regressions, as we have just seen.

If I were the release manager, I would not accept any additional
"improvements" in a RC-frozen version unless there is a clear and
_urgent_ need.

But, then, I'm not the release manager.

--
                                                            -- ddaa