Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Newbie-ized help"

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Newbie-ized help"
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:42:52 -0400

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 06:21:56PM +0200, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> Fine. I just wanted to get rid of the aliases. So the list should be:
>
> add-id
> mv
> rm

"delete-id" and "move-id" are not aliases.  They do different things than
"rm" and "mv" (should they be in the help?  I don't know).

I'm beginning to think there should be different levels of help command,
e.g., the default could be "level 0", which would be really, _really_ short
-- just register-archive, get, and update, with the added note "For help
about more commands use `help normal', `help advanced', or `help all'"

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.