Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "Newbie-ized help"

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: "Newbie-ized help"
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:08:35 +1000

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 14:24, Miles Bader wrote:
> Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> writes:
> > $ bk help add
> > bk new(1)                   BitKeeper User's Manual                  bk
>
> What's your point?  BK is hardly the epitome of ... well, anything,
> really.

As a relative "newbie", and having used bitkeeper before,
add, as opposed to add-id, is all I've ever used.

Obviously, not all files in a tree are version controlled
(or I should hope not at least).

So then I know there's a difference between files added,
and not added, to a tla archive.

So when I need to know that difference, I go reading.
(In fact, I read the tutorial, so I already know there are
"id"s for files added, but don't _need_ to know more beyond
that, unless "something goes wrong" (in which case I read
"tla help full" and see something called add-id, which reminds
me of the ference to file ids in the turorial, which encourages
me to dig deeper.

Therefore I'd say that add, rather than add-id, is definitely
more newbie friendly.

My 2c
Zenaan