Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Newbie-ized help"

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "Newbie-ized help"
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:25:02 -0400

Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Done.
>
>> 2. Please add an "all" option (that way commands can be grepped if one
>>    doesn't know what category a command is in)
>
> Er, like the one that's already there?  Or you want it to behave differentl=
> y?

It has to be exactly the same way!!!

Heh. I'm kidding. I know that would throw you off.

Its really up to you (after all, you've shown good taste in help). The
important part is that somehow, the user can trivially get all commands
and throw it through grep.

>> 4. Develop a really, really thick skin. People are going to love this
>>    merge, but you're going to get a lot of "this should be here, that
>>    shouldn't be there". Take it with a grain of salt; everybody's got
>>    an opinion
>
> Now you're just trying to scare me ;-)

Nah. If I were trying to scare you, I'd walk around nekkid in high heels
while belting out the chorus to "New York, New York"