Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problems getting archives with tla

From: elli_dberg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Problems getting archives with tla
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:24:41 +0200

Hi,
thank you all for the many quick replies! I spent the whole morning in getting
it run but it still doesn't :(
@Matthieu:
>I can access http://gaijin.iki.fi/hipl/archive/.listing with my web
>browser, so, this is not the problem (or it has been fixed).

I tried and I can also access it with my web browser.

>>> webdav error: Could not connect to server: No route to host
>
>This is clearly a networking problem.
>
>If you are using tla behind a firewall+proxy, you'll need to set the
>environemnt variable $http_proxy. (just a guess ...)

I checked my $proxy_hhtp and it is set right. I tried to get the index with
wget:
$ wget http://gaijin.iki.fi/hipl/archive/.listing
> Proxy Anforderung gesendet, warte auf Antwort... 404 Not Found (What means:
> Proxy request sent, waiting for response... 404 Not Found)
> 12:48:51 ERROR 404: Not Found.
I tried also only $ wget http://gaijin.iki.fi/hipl/archive but the same error
occures. It's strange because it works (wget) really properly with every other
internet site but only with http://gaijin.iki.fi/hipl/archive not. And tla is
still getting the same error.

>What does
>
>$ ping gaijin.iki.fi

I cannot ping it because all ICMP packets will be stopped at the firewall. How
does work arch exactly? Does it use only http?

>say ?
>
>--
>Matthieu

Thank you all again!