RE: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch Versus CVS Versus Subversoin

From: Tom Browder
Subject: RE: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch Versus CVS Versus Subversoin
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 07:05:44 -0600

I'm very happy to see this thread have such interest.  The way my group uses
CVS is mainly for historical purposes, not necessarily for details about all
things that changed between version.

Our product of interest consists of mixed text and binary files.  Diffs
between text files are of interest, but the binary files are huge and
differences not usually studied in detail.  Saving just the diffs would save
considerable space.

We rarely do branches, just snapshot a product with a tag so we can find the
exact version we used at a certain time in its history.

By the way, here is a link to another binary diff program in case arch needs
it: http://www.daemonology.net/bsdiff/

Tom Browder