[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch Versus CVS Versus Subversoin

From: Tom Browder
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch Versus CVS Versus Subversoin
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 06:04:04 -0600

Um, a typical project has a binary file that grows to about 10 Mb.
Snapshots (check ins) are done throughout the day as significant editing is
done to the file (mainly for backup and to give a rollback capability in
case of errors).  A project will typically take 90+ days to complete, each
day with several check ins.  We have over 120 projects archived (but none of
the binary files yet).

The way we work around the lack of binary diffs now is the binary file has
an ASCII equivalent so we convert to ASCII and check it in.  To reconstruct,
check out the correct copy and reconvert to binary (a pain, and subject to
error).  Ideally we could just deal with the binary form.

Tom Browder