Re: [GNU-arch-dev] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new documentation progress

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [GNU-arch-dev] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new documentation progress
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 15:59:49 +0200

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 19:12 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 11:46 -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> >
> > Is it a bug that inventory -t doesn't catch "."? Or is this a design
> > decision?
>
> Its not an explicit decision, and I think its reasonable to consider it
> a bug.

My gut reaction here was "hell no!"

Then I realised that I do have several scripts around to work with
nested trees, and they all do something to add the tree-root to the
output of "inventory --nested --trees".

And I remembered the previous discussions on associating an inventory ID
to the tree-root. The tree-root used to be a bit special, but it's
actually a problem to the changeset logic.

So, yes, "inventory --trees" should list the tree-root.

Please remind me to add the test cases and necessary compatibility logic
to PyBaz when you'll do the change.

--
                                                            -- ddaa