[Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: conflict applying patch in arch_build_revision

From: Daniel Cowgill
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] PANIC: conflict applying patch in arch_build_revision
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 15:27:46 -0400

What are the possible causes of a "PANIC: conflict applying patch in
arch_build_revision" error (from tla get)? I recently upgraded from
tla-1.3pre3 to tla-1.3.1-fix-1 and since the upgrade this error
inevitably occurs when trying to get projects that worked perfectly
before. (Which patch-merge triggers this error is not consistent,
however; tla panics on a seemingly random choice of patch.) tla get
raises no other errors or warnings--just the panic. This same error is
afflicting the other programmers here who have upgraded, across a
variety of linux versions, on several archives across several
machines.

I would post more details about our configuration and archive layout,
but before wasting everyone's time I'd first like to know if this is a
well-known problem, and if so, what the typical solutions are.
(Currently, our only solution is to downgrade, which does solve the
problem.)

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.