Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [GNU-arch-dev] [ANNOUNCEMENT] /Arch/ embraces `

From: Mark Stosberg
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [GNU-arch-dev] [ANNOUNCEMENT] /Arch/ embraces `git'
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:41:03 +0000 (UTC)

On 2005-04-22, Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> wrote:

> I want git to work reasonably even for really trivial stuff.

Why? I thought the ecological niche that git was filling was to offer
great performance on really large trees.

I use darcs on small projects and have no substantial performance gripes
there. I believe Arch and others perform fine on small projects as well,
while offering a complete SCM solution which git does not currently.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/