Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Fwd: not changing default =tagging-method

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Fwd: not changing default =tagging-method
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 08:34:05 +0200

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 12:23:13 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> martin f krafft wrote:
> > when a .swp already exists and you choose to ignore it, a .swo will
> > be used for the current session.
>
> Vim can also produce .swn files, although I can't recall the
> circumstances that produce them.  They should probably be added to that

The circumstances were already mentioned in this thread. Vim creates
a .swp. If it exists, it uses one letter less -- .swo. If that also
exists, it uses another one less letter -- .swn. And so on.

On the other hand if one of them already exists, vim complains, that the
file is already open or a vim session crashed and whether you want to
open it, recover it etc. When you get to .swn, it is a sign that
something is not going well and you should do something about it. So
it's probably right think for tla to complain about \..*\.sw[a-n] files.

> regex.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>