[Gnu-arch-users] Re: james blackwell?

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: james blackwell?
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 16:25:51 +0100

Miles Bader wrote:
> David Allouche <address@hidden> writes:
>> I am currently the closest thing to a sourcecontrol.net operator. So you
>> can ask me if you have a problem. I make no promise that I will fix it,
>> but I will at least have a look.
>
> Hi David, thanks for the response.
>
> The basic problem is that I can't login via ssh to
> mirrors.sourcecontrol.net (I mainly don't login directly, but rather use
> sftp to mirror to my archive on that machine):
>
>    $ ssh mirrors.sourcecontrol.net
>    ssh: connect to host mirrors.sourcecontrol.net port 22: Connection refused
>
> Given the nature of the error message, I suppose it could be something
> as simple as the ssh daemon not running...

I can reproduce the problem, I will ask the sysadmins next week about this.

I am not even sure that Canonical still offers push access to
sourcecontrol.net. When was the last time you were able to push to
mirrors.sourcecontrol.net?

Any bit of information can help.

By the way, it was probably never possible for the public to log in to
this system. At the very least logins were restricted using the
"scponly" shell.

--
                                                            -- ddaa