[Gnu-arch-users] Re: pushing to mirrors.sourcecontrol.net

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: pushing to mirrors.sourcecontrol.net
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:31:18 +0900

Thomas Lord <address@hidden> writes:
> And, in the news: yes, I do actually plan to start releasing
> code for Arch 2.0, within some small number of days.  There
> won't be enough there, initially, to migrate to but, for what
> it's worth, that's coming up and is probably relevant to the I.T.
> questions.

So what sort of design did you end up with?  My impression from before
is that it was roughly going to be sort of a mix of a vaguely git-ish
low-level with a more arch-ish user layer on top of it?

[That would be cool ... I'm a big fan of git's basic design, and the
fact that every operation is mind-blowingly fast is a rather nice change
from arch (where everything is .... slow), but when I've tried to set it
up to my own preferences, I could never quite get it to do the right
thing...  I think git is a great advance, but there's a lot that still
needs to be worked out.]

-Miles

--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that