Re: [GNU-linux-libre] debian squeeze kernel freed?

From: Diego Saravia
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] debian squeeze kernel freed?
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 09:23:24 -0300

> I'm genuinely interested to know - what value does it add to you?

the knowledge of what different people is doing with the blob problem.

> Thats true, but doesn't prevent them being rhetorical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question
"A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question
posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply"

I was expecting an answer, so my question is not rhetorical.

> The 'us' or 'we' i referred to above was any libre distribution based
> on Debian (or anyone from this list who wants to talk with Debian).

ok, so you must be interested in whether Debian is using one kind of
solution or another.

and you can understand that other people in this list will not stop
making questions or talking about issues that could make debian people
or any other distro or proyect pay "us" more or less attention,
critical thinking is essential.

> Because if they are willing to free their kernel further it
> benefits /all/ users of Debian/its kernels.

so, its very important to know what kind of solution are they working on

> I haven't, perhaps others have?

Its a very important question, perhaps a formal letter is a good idea,

its linux libre an official kernel package?, or at least  linux libre
have a .deb that could be installed
without problem from a non official repository to debian?

>> Are we asking them to take out blobs?
>
> Yes, we do at times. (And hopefully more in the future).
> kk

that s good, whether they could pay less or more attention to us

--
Diego Saravia
address@hidden