Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Emulators

From: Graziano
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Emulators
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:05:00 +0100

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 18:13:45 -0800 (PST), "Jason Self" <address@hidden> wrote:
More about emulators in general, since we've already determined this
particular
one to have freedom-related problems.

Apparently there are resources ([1], [2]) available to learn how to
write your own game.

And if someone were to create one, or have a copy of one of those that Matt mentioned where the author has allowed distribution & modification, shouldn't
there be a free software emulator out there to run it on?

Let me ask that question another way: Is it a good idea to make
people use only
proprietary software for any task?

IF there IS the possibility to develop free software games using free software tools and those games will be playable on a free software emulator than I think we should keep it, otherwise we shouldn't.

--
Graziano Sorbaioli
Founder, LibrePlanet Italia