Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Request for Endorsement for ConnochaetOS

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Request for Endorsement for ConnochaetOS
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:28:42 -0500

Dear Henry Jensen:

I find that your misunderstanding is because the permanent opensource position to minimize our position which has made many people believe that we just want to fight over non trascendental issues. It is an important issue for us and if we are to work together with open source, the first step is that they recognize we do not have the same values as they do but that we can collaborate. We understand their position but they do not understand ours. I beleive FSFE has to define if they agree with FSF or OSI.

Maybe Richard Stallman's position in reply to Karsten Gerloff (president of FSFE) will show you what is the position of FSF.