Re: [GNU-linux-libre] MAME

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] MAME
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:11:22 +0200

Hello,

I have made mistake, I wanted to say:

there is NOT EVEN ONE SINGLE PIECE OF FREE ROM that was made for MAME
that is on their website. Not outside of MAME website. The project MAME
does not make the project with the purpose to create free software. They
distribute ROMs which are not free.

I am not telling you nor anyone not to use MAME. I am saying that such
emulator shall not be included in the free software distribution. For
economical, practical and freedom reasons.

You can certainly download emulator and run it for your purposes, right?
Why would Hydra, machines, donations go for distribution of MAME? MAME
project development has no history of any intentions to use MAME with
free software (ROMs), but they have history of usage of non-free ROMs.

Jean Louis