Re: [GNU-linux-libre] DSFG in perpetuity

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] DSFG in perpetuity
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 19:42:28 -0700 (PDT)

Isaac David <address@hidden> wrote ..

> right off the bat, Debian's Chromium steers users towards nonfree
> addons, just like their version of Firefox... obviously unacceptable
> to FSF standards.

Yes, I know. This stems from a little bit of hand waving on my part. I
tried to touch on it with my comment that "while the DFSG and the
FSF's own criteria are not identical..." This conversation's been
about the licensing of the browser itself and, solely for that
purpose, Debian's decision is relevant there because the criteria are
the same. The add-on thing also needs addressing too. A repo to point
to consisting of free add-ons would be good. Perhaps something along
the lines of what was done for IceCat plugins to have a list of free
ones on the FSF's Free Software Directory would be a good thing.