Re: As the GPL fades

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: As the GPL fades
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 15:05:45 +0000 (UTC)

In gnu.misc.discuss David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

>> In gnu.misc.discuss Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> wrote:
>>> http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2010/01/28/as-the-gpl-fades/

>>> ------
>>> As the GPL fades

>>> Jay Lyman, January 28, 2010 @ 3:17 pm ET

>>> We're continuing to see signs that the dominant GPL open source license
>>> may be fading from favor among commercial open source software
>>> players.......

>> Alexander, who pays you to post in this forum, and how much?

> Oh please.  Who would pay for that kind of nonsense?

Any company that wishes to discourage GPL software.  Since calm logical
discussion is ineffective against the GPL (for obvious reasons), they
must resort to misdirection, sleight of hand, smoke and mirrors.

> Can't you imagine that it's a work of hate for him?  Worthless all on
> its own?

No, not really.  He's a bright lad, and an Internet search reveals he has
at least one bogus patent to his name (something to do with a storage
algorithm).  He could surely find something positive, enriching and
fulfilling to do with his time.  Boeblingen is not such a bad place.

So, Alex, who's paying you for this, and how much?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).