Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)

From: Ruben Safir
Subject: Re: Women and GNU and RMS (was Re: something else)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 05:04:50 -0500

On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 09:41:13AM +0000, Brandon Invergo wrote:
> Hi Kaz,
>
> Kaz Kylheku (gnu-misc-discuss) writes:
>
> > I'm afraid I don't agree. Firstly, anyone who is grown up and halfway
> > intelligent already knows that those comments don't have anything
> > to do with the GNU project; and that there is a lot more to
> > GNU than just one person.
>
> This, in particular, is very unkind.  Do not assume that someone is
> unintelligent just because they hold different views.  You can make
> exactly the same point without saying that.

No, it can not be, actually.  He is right.  An adult person of normal
intelligence knows that the statements had nothing to do with GNU and is
not representitive of GNU.

This is Aximatic.

The tacket being used it wave your hands around and make absurd
statements and hope they stick.  It needs to be reinforced that not only
are the lies being said about RMS untrue, but everyone understands this,
because it is obvious.  We will not be rattled by Fear, Uncertainty and
Doubt that feeds the lies and purposefully exagerations being made by
RMS's enemies.

To quote an old freind, "We are not affected by your Jedi mind tricks",
or if you perfer, "We find these truths self evident", that exploring the
maturations of the term "assualt" with regard to specifics of events
does not imply in any way the rape of children, nor does the princple of
freedom of thought and the pursuit of truth, or the criticle principles
of due process allow for us, as responsible adults, to concede rational
response for childish hysteria.

PERIOD

It is what it is.  It is a childish attack on the reputtion of RMS,
which tries to exploit RMS's disabilities to discredit him.  It is
disgusting behavior, and there is no room here for compromise,
negotiation, of civility.

The only one who has been raped here was RMS, and those of us who depend
on him.

Ruben

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!