Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 20:00:32 +0100

Le mercredi 6 novembre 2019 19:31:17 CET, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I will reply once more, but it may be the last time in this thread. Please,
> Alexandre and others, if you wish to contribute, stop rambling and come to
> the point, and actually try to stick to a point that is raised and avoid
> going off on lengthy tangents that I (and probably others) have no time
> to read.

Sorry, I have this problem of being pretty verbose :/ it’s not intentional,
and on many places I indeed just resort to shut up (because otherwise I’m not
welcome anymore).

> How on earth do you end up associating "we welcome contributors"

Not this but “harassment-free”

> with
> "censorship", "exclusion", "banning", "feminism" or "feminism-agnosticism"?

Because harassment is often associated with sexism, and a policy to be
enforced need some action, as you state after:
> Notice that the social contract is a statement of principles. Clearly if
> we want to provide a harassment-free environment, some procedure will have
> to be decided at some point in time in case harassment occurs; but this is
> not the goal of this document.

> Of course you are free to send your stream of consciousness to this list,
> but if you wish to have an impact on the topic at hand, I would suggest to
> make concrete suggestions on wording, or paragraphs to remove or to add.

The subject contains a question mark, and I already previously spoke against
the very concept of a “GNU social contract”.  I preferred not repeating myself
but as this may have been done to a different sub-thread I’m coming to think
Dora was right and with such lengthy discussions repetition unfortunately
becomes necessary…