Re: 1.3.116 \property TimeSignature

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: 1.3.116 \property TimeSignature
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 15:37:49 +0100

> If you use the following then the \property \override sets both the
> 4/4 and 3/4 time signatures to C.
>      \property Staff.TimeSignature \override #'style = #'C2/2

Yes, this setting asks explicitly for the alla breve time
signature symbol regardless of the actual time signature.
If you want 'C' style time signatures for 4/4 and 2/2 and
numeric for the rest, do
   \property Staff.TimeSignature \override #'style = #'C
I think the manual is pretty clear on this subject.

> Also with 1.3.116, all the pages are to wide when viewd with
> xdvi[k]. I think this is new with this patch. I haven't noticed it before.

I can't see any difference. Did you use ly2dvi or lilypond + TeX?
Exactly what is too wide? How about dvips and printouts?

> I have tried to make a fix, but I find the combination of C++ with
> the speed at which the sources change hard to get to grips with. Any
> suggestions for how to  catch up?

Well, that's a hard question. The implementation of Lilypond is
quite complicated and as you say it keeps changing all the time.

   /Mats