spacing and clef sizes (was: How do I get a clef after a barline)

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: spacing and clef sizes (was: How do I get a clef after a barline)
Date: 18 Dec 2000 17:12:49 -0500

>>>>> "Han-Wen" == Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:

    Han-Wen> Yes, you forgot to put left_edge_item in. Try this:

That looks great.  All the elements I want in an incipit in the order
I want them.

Two more questions:

     1. How do I make the note spacing tighter in the incipit?  I
        don't really want the first whole note to have whole note
        spacing, because it isn't going to be played as part of a
        sequence of whole notes.

     2. The clef produced by:

\clef treble;

        looks much better than the clef produced by:

\property Staff.clefGlyph = #"clefs-G"
\property Staff.clefPosition = #-1

        What I want is for them to look the same, except that the first
        one should be smaller.

--
Laura (mailto:address@hidden)
http://www.laymusic.org : Putting live music back in the living room.