Re: stdlibc++

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: stdlibc++
Date: 26 Dec 2000 12:46:49 +0100

David Raleigh Arnold <address@hidden> writes:

> Does the following have anything to do with my problem trying to run a
> recent version of lilypond on Mandrake 7.2? I need to install a version
> of stdlibc++, which, when installed, hoses the system.

It seems that Han-Wen has built recent .rpms only for redhat-7.0,
which is binary incompatible with the world.

> If this doesn't go right there, the "LinuxGram" document at
> linuxgram.com is "Linux Savages Red Hat 7.0"

Yes, we all saw that discussion, I guess.  They made a stupid choice,
but then again, it was pointed out that choice was probably the best
solution.  So, if you're running a non-RedHat-7.0 rpm-based system,
you should build lilypond yourself:

    rpm -tb lilypond-1.3.119.tar.gz

Greetings,
Jan.