Re: systemd replacement or standardization

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: systemd replacement or standardization
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 00:26:07 +0530

* address@hidden <address@hidden> [2019-10-17 00:00]:
> GNOME used to be compiled with Autotools from the GNU project.
> Now it is based on meson.
> https://mesonbuild.com/index.html <https://mesonbuild.com/index.html>
> Iniative:
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/GnomeGoals/MesonPorting
> <https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/GnomeGoals/MesonPorting>

Well I understand that projects change throughout the time.

I do not see that as any kind of loss any more, as GNU free operating
system is in its existence in many various GNU/Linux distributions and
some others based on other kernels.

I would call projects like IceWM window manager to become GNU project,
IceWM is one of fastest window managers, those maintainers could get
some donation and move it into GNU. Then there is nice and small "GNU
Desktop". Why not?

There could be many various GNU projects if programmers would be moved
to GNU and given some kind of support like web hosting and official
promotion and maybe some donations from FSF.

Jean