gnuastro-devel

[task #15128] TPV and SIP keywords when WCS distortions are necessary

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15128] TPV and SIP keywords when WCS distortions are necessary
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 16:58:51 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #13, task #15128 (project gnuastro):

The algorithm implemented in the Python program is a very special case of just
converting between SIP to TPV and vice-versa. But if we can find a way to use
WCSLIB for this job (possibly through TPD), it is much more robust and general
(allowing conversion between even more standards). It also allows us to avoid
low-level matrix manipulation.

So I recommend to look in detail into the WCSLIB library and how it behaves on
the various datasets (like the PV image you already have).

See how you can access the TPD distortion elements (which is apparently how it
stores any of the distortions TPV, SIP, DSS, and WAT), and possibly set WCSLIB
to write the headers in a different standard than the input dataset's
standard.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15128>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/