[open-cobol-list] Problem for developers - Keisuke ?

From: Roger While
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Problem for developers - Keisuke ?
Date: Wed Feb 16 14:53:19 2005

We have :
01  MYPTRA  USAGE POINTER

01  SOMEVAR.
       03 ..........
       03  MYPTRB   USAGE POINTER.
       03  ...........

66  MYPTR66 RENAMES MYPTRB.

Now comes a
     SET MYPTRA TO MYPTR66.
or vice-versa.

That blows the compiler with a seg fault.

The fix that I think works is in cob/codegen.c at line 570 :
       struct cb_field *f = cb_field (x);
Insert after this line -
       if ( f->redefines )
            f = f->redefines;

However, I think the verification should be done much earlier,
Can someone verify this is correct or suggest an alternative.

There is also still a problem with BY VALUE that I am looking at.

Roger