[open-cobol-list] RE: weird runtime error

From: Bill Klein
Subject: [open-cobol-list] RE: weird runtime error
Date: Tue Feb 21 00:01:06 2006

Sorry Roger, I was away for the weekend.  Check out the '02 Standard
starting on page 114 for the topic

  "8.5.4 Zero-length items"

These were (semi-)introduced in the '85 Standard but NOT well defined there.

Page 819 (in the Substantive Change) section talks a little more about this
under

"29) Zero-length items."