[open-cobol-list] OC compiled for 64 bit?

From: Vincent Coen
Subject: [open-cobol-list] OC compiled for 64 bit?
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 13:14:00 +0100

Hi;

Hoping someone can help me

I have compiled OC on my x64 Linux system but pretty sure it is not compiling as x64 nor the applications.

So I have a few questions I need solving:

1. How do you build OC for x64?

2. How do you build your apps for x64?

3. What issues will arise by doing 1 and 2, e.g.;

What data fields change in size causing file compatibility problems?

What other issues rear their ugly head?

On another note: Compiled some appl that write to the printer which is assigned as org line sequential and found it printing every other line, i.e., leaving a blank line after each line being printed and the solution was to remove the organisation sub-clause however this should NOT be required.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Vincent