Re: [open-cobol-list] Splitting files by platform, cobc performance surv

From: Brian Tiffin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Splitting files by platform, cobc performance survey
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 02:53:32 -0400

Patrick;

I'm a fair huge fan of SQLite, and its author Richard Hipp.  SQLite
source code is public domain but still primarily maintained by Dr.
Hipp.  He also writes Fossil, my SCM of choice.  Fossil is like
github, in a box, single executable.

See http://oldsite.add1tocobol.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=12
for some source code that links to SQLite, using the API and another
version emulating the sqlite3> command line embedded in OpenCOBOL,
commands and data passed back and forth as strings.

BUT ... that is old already, and a shiny new ocesql has arrived from
Japan.  OpenCOBOL fully supports EXEC SQL now, for PostgreSQL.  See
http://sourceforge.net/p/open-cobol/discussion/109661/thread/6c52b611/
for some details.  Turns out the Firebird team just recently got their
gpre EXEC SQL preprocessor to work with OC1.1 as well.

Steve is posting some sample code to
http://sourceforge.net/p/open-cobol/discussion/2526793/thread/1183a23c/
and the latest addition includes ocesql in the examples.  Good stuff
that thread.

Cheers,
Brian