Re: [open-cobol-list] OpenCOBOL-ce-1.1 : repackaging libcob/common.h

From: Joe Robbins
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] OpenCOBOL-ce-1.1 : repackaging libcob/common.h
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 14:47:42 +0000

Thanks Brian. I hadn't seen the 2009-05-25  entry in ChangeLog. I'll reflect on
the alternatives for common.h.

Coincidentally (relating to your emails with Patrick on SQL), when writing my
notes on the fileio rewrite (available soon!), amongst the "future possible
enhancements" I had listed support for INDEXED ORGANIZATION using an ODBC
database interface. This would provide the option to use MySQL, Microsoft SQL
Server EXPRESS, etc as the store for INDEXED files as an alternative to VBISAM,
BDB, etc. This is not a substitute for an SQL interface - the COBOL programmer
would notice no difference. But it could provide a resilient, efficient, ...
storage mechanism.

Regards

Joe Robbins
address@hidden