[open-cobol-list] nested call statements, best practices

From: Patrick
Subject: [open-cobol-list] nested call statements, best practices
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 09:30:01 -0400

Hi Everyone

I was thinking of writing some utility programs to convert values back and forth from C.

I want to write code like this:

CALL 'someCfunction' USING BY CONTENT
CALL "convert-string' USING BY CONTENT arg1
                                       RETURNING foo
END-CALL

I could probably figure this out but but my fear is that it would be less then optimal use of what is available.

Could anyone point me to an example of the correct way to do this? I have not come across one.

Thanks