Re: [open-cobol-list] problem building second cobc

From: Brian Tiffin
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] problem building second cobc
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 23:58:14 -0400

In support of out of tree builds, there are two files in the tests/
subdir for configuring a run of cobc.

Compile with a local dev build
$ source <build dir with debug>/tests/atconfig
$ source <build dir with debug>/tests/atlocal
$ cobc ...

Compile with a community tree
$ source <1.1CE>/tests/atconfig
$ source <1.1CE>/tests/atlocal
$ cobc ...

Compile without db

Set up a source tree for each compiler build, and explore away.  A few
short scripts that source in the atlocals and it becomes pretty easy
to play around with OpenCOBOL.

(And you do need to source in the script lines, modify the current
shell environment so the library, binary and include paths are set.
Spawning a subshell to evaluate atlocal will modify settings in the
wrong shell environment space, cobc would fall back to the installed
base).

Patrick;  Look to VBISAM as well, for exploring.

Cheers,
Brian