[open-cobol-list] problem building second cobc

From: Patrick
Subject: [open-cobol-list] problem building second cobc
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 10:17:54 -0400

Hi Everyone

I thought I would build a second compiler without db. I used this:

./configure --program-prefix="ndb-" --enable-param-check --without-db

When I called ndb-cobc it worked fine on a few .cob files.

However when I went into my /usr/local directory to look for files, I expected to see a libcob prefixed with "ndb-" but there wasn't one there.

After uninstalling the custom version, cobc still works but a runtime cannot be found:

./screen-practice: error while loading shared libraries: libcob.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The obvious solution is to install the second complier somewhere else, however would it be a good idea to generate files that were all prefixed and then a variety of options would be available simultaneously ?

For instance this might also be good for cross compiling, with mingfw or other CPUs such as ARM or MIPS.

-Patrick