Re: UML cooperation

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: UML cooperation
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:33:09 -0500 (CDT)

I know you all hate hearing this but I will say again.

This is a GNU project. Freedom is AND will be VALUED over ANY feature.
Rational Rose discussions do NOT belong here.  I dont care how good it is.
It's a product that unless it under goes radical license change will not
be a part of this process.

Now the other tools argouml or whatever else I assume are under some other
license that is free so if we want to compare them to Dia that is fine.
However, a decision has been made to use Dia for now as no tool at this
point is gonna let us model objects and spit out the proper application
server code we need.  So lets move on. :)

Rather than brag how great rational rose is and give them a bunch of
moneyu, the FSF way would be to make plug ins to dia or contribute to some
other free modeling tool to get the functionality you need.

Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise
http://www.gnue.org
address@hidden